Hoof Meter Reader (for professionals)
Invented by Jaime Jackson. 2012 model replaces 1999 version
- 3 levels of instructions for hoof care professionals (DVD with PowerPoint):
- Naturally shaped hooves
- Minor capsule deformity
- Extreme capsule deformity
- 2 Hoof Meter Readers
- Reads easily from both sides of the horse — no need to reach across one hoof to measure the other.
- 3 measurement dials:
- Yellow dial measures left hooves.
- Red dial measures right hooves.
- White (center) dial is scaled in both metric and U.S. units.
- Measurements are calibrated to my measurement data gathered from wild horse hooves as published in The Natural Horse: Lessons from the Wild (Northland Published, 1992).
- Compare your client horse’s measurements with those of sound wild horse hooves.
- Know when horse’s hoof measurements are in the “natural” and “healthy” ranges or are “unnatural” and need critical care.
- Indispensable hoof gauge for conducting the natural trim.
Note to professionals: if you are new to natural hoof care (NHC) based on the wild horse model, I highly recommend that you purchase the ISNHCP Basic Natural Trim Training Manual. This strategically important text will introduce you to the foundational principles and practices of NHC, guide you through the steps of the natural trim and its related learning materials, and identify the specialized tools and equipment we use as NHC practitioners.
I use a 3rd party ap to get the best possible shipping rate, however it is not integrated with this website due to technical limitations. But after you place your order, I always refund the difference between what you pay at checkout (the USPS retail rate) and what I will save you using my 3rd Party ap. This typically amounts to substantial savings for both U.S. domestic and international orders, especially when you order multiple and heavier products.
“Wow!!! Thank you so much!! In gratitude, M.H/Wisconsin” – Saved $30.02 in shipping!
“Thank you, Sir! Kind regards, G.S./Belgium” -- Saved $27.29 in shipping!
“I appreciate the saving you have made in the shipping of my merchandise, and I will be putting it towards a couple of your DVDs at the end of the month. Thank you very much. Wishing you all the best. W.B./ North Yorkshire, England” -- Saved $34.49 in shipping!