Hoof Meter Reader (for horse owners)
Invented by Jaime Jackson
2012 model replaces 1999 version.
- User friendly! For horse owners, trimmers, farriers, and vets.
- Reads easily from both sides of the horse — no need to reach across one hoof to measure the other.
- 3 measurement dials:
- Yellow dial measures left hooves.
- Red dial measures right hooves.
- White (center) dial is scaled in both metric and U.S. units.
- Measurements are calibrated to my measurement data gathered from wild horse hooves as published in The Natural Horse: Lessons from the Wild (Northland Published, 1992).
- Compare your horse’s measurements with those of sound wild horse hooves.
- Know when your horse’s hoof measurements are in the “natural” and “healthy” ranges or are “unnatural” and heading towards lameness.
- Indispensable hoof gauge for conducting the natural trim.
Free simplified instructions for horse owners available here. You can download and/or print and take to your horse to use.
Purchase advanced instructions for hoof care professionals here.
I use a 3rd party ap to get the best possible shipping rate, however it is not integrated with this website due to technical limitations. But after you place your order, I always refund the difference between what you pay at checkout (the USPS retail rate) and what I will save you using my 3rd Party ap. This typically amounts to substantial savings for both U.S. domestic and international orders, especially when you order multiple and heavier products.
“Wow!!! Thank you so much!! In gratitude, M.H/Wisconsin” – Saved $30.02 in shipping!
“Thank you, Sir! Kind regards, G.S./Belgium” -- Saved $27.29 in shipping!
“I appreciate the saving you have made in the shipping of my merchandise, and I will be putting it towards a couple of your DVDs at the end of the month. Thank you very much. Wishing you all the best. W.B./ North Yorkshire, England” -- Saved $34.49 in shipping!